Forums > Business & Investing Books > The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need

7/21/2011 4:05:20 PM
Total Posts 187

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need:  This book helped me (a novice) understand a lot and gave me the confidence I needed to deal with a chunk of severance money from a former employer. In that situation, obviously you need access to the cash if necessary, but maybe you also want to score some interest. Before reading this, I was confused about several instruments with about the same level of risk (CDs, money market funds, money market accounts, I-bonds, TIPs, and Treasury bills). Tobias laid it all out very clearly and humorously and helped me to evaluate the options intelligently.

There's also a great chapter on everyday savings you can make. It's sort of like David Bach's Latte Factor, but Tobias's take is a lot (dare I say) smarter in its outlook and scope.

This author started early as a whiz kid and is very accomplished, but he's self-effacing and honest about his own mistakes so you really do trust him to be straight with advice. Most people will definitely get something out of this book.

Site Map | Printable View | © 2008 - 2018 Stock Picks Expert